Re: Include 0AD, a new fancy 3D RTS

Hi Bertrand (just debian-games is on this email),

It's great to see someone interested in 0 AD! Seems like a great
project, and they have totally opened up the engine, content, and
artwork recently.

One comment is that the project is currently undergoing rapid changes
and is still in early alpha phase. It is sometimes buggy and
incomplete. Personally, during this period of development, I would
work with the playdeb and their PPA versions to properly "debianize"
it so it can be accepted in the future. They both should be receptive
to patches or even complete rewrites if you have a good reason. Once
they get a more playable game, you can work on getting those packages
into debian. This is especially true now that we are in a freeze.

Regarding the libraries: Since we are in a freeze, and since 0 AD is
still in alpha testing, you can use this time to package the missing
packages. You don't have to do them from scratch - I did a quick
google search and found a couple versions of fcollada already packaged
by people on the internet - you can use them as starting points.
Packages really should not have embedded build-deps unless there are
some changes that 0 ad did to those libraries which cannot be accepted
as patches for the debian version.

~Scott