Re: Thoughts about removing vegastrike from the archive

On Friday 11 June 2010 09:11:39 Jon Dowland wrote:
> On 09/06/2010 22:41, Andres Mejia wrote:
> > I've seen that development of vegastrike has been active since it's last
> > release. But is there any work towards releasing a minimal version of
> > vegastrike in relation to it's content like music and textures, or is it
> > going to be the same size as the current release or larger than the
> > current release?
> >
> > This is the main issue with uploading the data package. Without data.d.o
> > going live, some people here feel it's just too large to be distributed
> > in Debian.
>
> I personally think it would be better to remove vegastrike than to
> replace it with a necessarily substandard, "low-fi" version.
> Compromising vegastrike due to infrastructural problems leaves a bad
> taste in my mouth.

I had this same concern.

It seems now no one has raised any objection to removing vegastrike from the
archive, nor does it seem anyone is going to work on this substandard data
package. I'm going to go ahead and request it's removal.

Andres Mejia