Seeking advice on a short rules-file

Hello all,

I hope someone will comment on the usability,
or outright fallability, of the following rules file:

   #!/usr/bin/make -f

   build:
       dh --before dh_auto_configure $@
       dh_auto_configure -- --prefix=/usr       \
                            --bindir=/usr/games \
                            --mandir=/usr/share/man
       dh --remaining $@

   clean:
       dh clean
       [ ! -f Makefile ] || $(MAKE) distclean

   %:
       dh $@

The package does not do any patching. I had to perform
a larger number of experiments before findning this way
of modifying the target binary directory, when using the
recent debhelper. I am still to far behind in order to use
the new source formati 3.0, but in all naiveté, I find the above
formulation leaner than using many 'dh_*' in multiple targets.

Best regards,
--
Mats Erik Andersson, fil. dr
<mats.andersson@gisladisker.se>