Re: Sorting out the Quake2 situation

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 17:27, Bruno Kleinert <fuddl@tauware.de> wrote:

Is the Quake 2 security issue solved? In network mode the client fetches
precompiled shared objects from the server and executes them. As long as
this issue isn't solved I strongly suggest to not include it in Debian
at all or ship it without network support.

Maybe the issue is solved, I haven't had a look at Quake2 for years ;)

Just wondering, how do Q2 for Win32 and Q2 for GNU/Linux interoperate, then?

I also think that a warning about potential security breaches would perhaps be better than excluding the game.

Ivan Vučica