Re: Patches to fix fullscreen games viewport issues with recent Xorg versions

Hi,

On 11/15/2009 02:33 PM, Peter De Wachter wrote:
Op Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:10:26 +0100
schreef Hans de Goede<hdegoede@redhat.com>:
I really feel the X server should be fixed instead. This
functionality is definitely in use in the wild.

I won't disagree, but I don't have the skills, and those who do have
the skills (the driver authors), I don't think will give this high
priority, but I may be wrong. So go and file bugs and please but me
in the CC.

Can you try this xserver patch? It seems to work for me (xserver 1.7.0,
radeon, intel, vesa drivers) but I don't have much hardware to test on.

I like your style putting your code where your mouth is :)

Unfortunately it cost me quite a bit of trouble to reproduce the problem,
where you able to reproduce the viewport being of problem (without your patch)
on the systems you tested on?

On my system (ati rv570 card) it turns out to actually be a kernel mode setting
bug, which has been fixed since. I needed to revert to an older kernel, before
I could reproduce, and once I could reproduce, your patch did not help I'm afraid.

So I may have been crying wolf over nothing, sorry. Although iirc I think I've seen
this on other systems too, but I cannot reproduce there now either.

Regards,

Hans