Re: Patches to fix fullscreen games viewport issues with recent Xorg versions

Op Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:23:38 +0100
schreef Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com>:

> Hi,
>
> On 11/15/2009 02:33 PM, Peter De Wachter wrote:
> >>
> >> I won't disagree, but I don't have the skills, and those who do
> >> have the skills (the driver authors), I don't think will give this
> >> high priority, but I may be wrong. So go and file bugs and please
> >> but me in the CC.
> >
> > Can you try this xserver patch? It seems to work for me (xserver
> > 1.7.0, radeon, intel, vesa drivers) but I don't have much hardware
> > to test on.
>
> I like your style putting your code where your mouth is :)
>
> Unfortunately it cost me quite a bit of trouble to reproduce the
> problem, where you able to reproduce the viewport being of problem
> (without your patch) on the systems you tested on?

What I saw on my systems was that SwitchMode left the viewport in the
top-left corner (i.e. what most apps want) but that SetViewPort doesn't
do anything (so the few apps that want a different viewport lose).
This seemed similar to your problem, I guessed the cause would be the
same. Apparently not though.