Re: Patches to fix fullscreen games viewport issues with recent Xorg versions

Hi,

On 11/11/2009 06:02 PM, Paul Wise wrote:
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 7:04 PM, Hans de Goede<hdegoede@redhat.com>  wrote:

With recent Xorg versions XF86VidModeSetViewPort() does not seem to
do anything. So fullscreen games which place an undecorated window
at 0,0 and then do XF86VidModeSetViewPort(.., 0, 0) no may end up with
the viewport wrong (showing part of the game and part of the
desktop).

Is there a bug report about this? I think it would be better to fix
the bug than work around it in every single game that uses
XF86VidModeSetViewPort.

There is a bug in Red Hat's bugzilla and I talked with various xdevs about
this, but it is not trivial to fix for them, or so I've been told.

Also we don't need to fix all games, most use a handful if libs, for
Fedora those 3 patches are all that is needed.

Also note that xf86vidmode is considered sort of deprecated by upstream xorg,
so the chances of getting this fixed there are not too good.

Regards,

Hans