Re: Help on a couple of packages

Paul Wise wrote:
On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 11:21 PM, Barry deFreese <bdefreese@debian.org> wrote:

Pegsolitaire.  I uploaded this one a while ago but it was rejected because
the documentation is GFDL.  I'm not sure I understand the issue well enough
to know if it contains the invariant section or whatever.

The copyright file says this:

help/pegsolitaire.xml:
License text taken from help/legal.xml:

    Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this
    document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation
    License (GFDL), Version 1.1 or any later version published
    by the Free Software Foundation with no Invariant Sections,
    no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts.

    This manual is part of a collection of GNOME manuals
    distributed under the GFDL.  If you want to distribute this
    manual separately from the collection, you can do so by
    adding a copy of the license to the manual, as described in
    section 6 of the license.

  On Debian GNU/Linux systems, the complete text of the GNU Free
  Documentation License can be found in `/usr/share/common-licenses/GFDL'.

That looks free according the GFDL vote (no non-modifiable sections -
invariant sections and front/back cover texts), can you post the
ftp-master's rejection email?

Paul,

Thanks for responding. Apparently I'm an idiot (well we all knew that didn't we? :) ) I just forgot to put it in debian/copyright apparently:

rejected - your package is using the GFDL license at least for parts
in its help/ subdirectory. You need to mention that in your debian/copyright
and you also need to check if the usage of GFDL it does is ok
with the vote we had on it, see
http://www.debian.org/vote/2006/vote_001

I just wasn't sure about the invariant thing but you cleared that up, thanks!

asc:  I was holding off on uploading this for libparagui-1.1 but then we
realized that is uses it's own modified copy of libparagui (as well as sdlmm
and sdlsound).  I have been trying to contact upstream to inquire about it
but it appears that they predominantly speak German so I'm not having much
luck.  They have an IRC channel #asc-pbp on Quakenet.

/me monolingual gringo, sorry

Maybe remove it from the archive until upstream sort out the embedded
code copies?

I guess that makes sense, or I will at least file a serious bug and ask for removal from testing to see if I can get this resolved fairly quickly.

Thanks again!

Barry