Re: Disk usage on alioth. What to do?

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 10:11:32AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> Actually I don't really see the need for keeping
> in-progress tarballs.  All of our packages should have a
> watch file or get-orig-source debian/rules target so
> downloading from upstream should be fine.

On IRC, there was some objection to breaking the
svn-buildpackage svn-bp:origUrl behaviour. However, for
upstream versions that have a web-accessible archive
elsewhere, we could just update the property URL (not sure
if that works for old revisions).

If we do decide to abandon the use of alioth as a canonical
location for all tarballs (and I think we probably should),
we must ensure to update
<http://wiki.debian.org/Games/VCS/svn#UploadingtheSourceTarball>