Re: Modification of Nettoe

söndag den 29 november 2009 klockan 14:10 skrev Paul Wise detta:
> On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 6:28 PM, Mats Erik Andersson
> <mats.andersson@gisladisker.se> wrote:
>
> > let me pose a half-way general question. It is a fairly
> > common viewpoint, that the packaging of software for
> > Debian GNU/Linux should be very restrictive in altering
> > the original upstream source code.
> >
> > Now, Nettoe has been untouched since 2001. Using either
> > of its built in, so called AI-modes, Nettoe plays deter-
> > ministically identical every time, making these modes
> > boring after having played four rounds.
>
> The right thing to do is talk to upstream about this. Since upstream
> seems to have completely abandoned the project, you might need to just
> hijack the project, unless they reply to your mails and add you to the
> project. If they don't answer email, please hijack the project by
> following this procedure:

I suspected the upstream author to be inactive already when I began
looking at this game Nettoe, but I have now tried to send an email
to him, but this was in vain since the mail address no longer exists.

A search on google for the full name of the author did not provide
enough information to locate him, so the only sensable road forward
seems to be towards a hijack. Could someone name a reason not to
push forward in this direction?

Kind regards,

Mats Erik Andersson