Re: Uploading new versions to fix lintian bugs?

Richard Hartmann schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> I looked through the lintian bugs for pkg-games [1] and decided to try &
> fix a bunch of them. I then found out that almost all
> dh_desktop-is-deprecated were fixed, already.
>
> Personally, I feel that lintian fixes merit an upload, but I don't want
> to clog the pipe for 'real' package improvements, either. Thus my
> question: What do you guys think about uploading new package versions
> for minor stuff like lintian clean-ups?
>

> Richard
>
> PS: A definite plus of this would be that [1] would actually become
> useful as a reference, again. As it is, it is pretty much useless as it
> lists way too many fixed issues.
>

> [1] http://lintian.debian.org/maintainer/pkg-games-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org.html

Hi!

	I'm rather skeptical that removing something that is basically a empty
perl script from rules is worth a upload. Lintian stuff has a wide range
of things it adresses and IMHO a upload for lintian fixes is exactly
then worth a upload if the fixes warrant a upload independent from what
lintian says.

Regards

	Christoph

--
/"\  ASCII Ribbon : GPG-Key ID: 0xD49AE731
\ /    Campaign   : CaCert Assurer

http://www.christoph-egger.org/