Re: Patches to fix fullscreen games viewport issues with recent Xorg versions

Hi,

On 11/19/2009 01:55 AM, Peter De Wachter wrote:
Op Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:23:38 +0100
schreef Hans de Goede<hdegoede@redhat.com>:

Hi,

On 11/15/2009 02:33 PM, Peter De Wachter wrote:
Op Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:10:26 +0100
schreef Hans de Goede<hdegoede@redhat.com>:
I really feel the X server should be fixed instead. This
functionality is definitely in use in the wild.

I won't disagree, but I don't have the skills, and those who do
have the skills (the driver authors), I don't think will give this
high priority, but I may be wrong. So go and file bugs and please
but me in the CC.

Can you try this xserver patch? It seems to work for me (xserver
1.7.0, radeon, intel, vesa drivers) but I don't have much hardware
to test on.

I like your style putting your code where your mouth is :)

Unfortunately it cost me quite a bit of trouble to reproduce the
problem, where you able to reproduce the viewport being of problem
(without your patch) on the systems you tested on?

What I saw on my systems was that SwitchMode left the viewport in the
top-left corner (i.e. what most apps want) but that SetViewPort doesn't
do anything (so the few apps that want a different viewport lose).
This seemed similar to your problem, I guessed the cause would be the
same. Apparently not though.

Hmm,

So your patch does fix a real issue, just a different one. Have you submitted
it upstream ?

Regards,

Hans