RE: Super Methane Brothers V1.5.0 Release

> Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 09:38:50 +0800
> Subject: Re: Super Methane Brothers V1.5.0 Release
> From: pabs@debian.org
> To: debian-devel-games@lists.debian.org
>
> On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 2:07 AM, Mark Page <rombust@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Anyway, with reference to Super Methane Brothers and the ClanLib packages.
> > If I haven't heard anything by the middle of November, I'll assume that
> > everyone is busy - And I will attempt to package them myself. (I have had
> > zero experience at packaging!)
>
> I think you'll find that is the case, the games team (like Debian
> itself) always needs more people.

[snip to end]

Many thanks for the links, we (ClanLib dev's) will have a look at the end of November.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

It seems that the current clanlib tarball "may" contain unlicenced material. Inside the resources directory contains images taken from Microsoft Windows Vista window frames (For use in the ClanLib examples - see http://www.clanlib.org/gfx/screenshots/large/gui_1.png - that displays indentically on linux)

This "may" be conflicting with the "Windows Vista EULA"
3. ADDITIONAL LICENSING REQUIREMENTS AND/OR USE RIGHTS.
  c. Icons, images and sounds. While the software is running, you may use but not share its icons, images, sounds, and media.

In my personal opinion, to be safe, the resources directory in it's current form should not be packaged on linux.

I would be grateful if anyone could confirm that this is the case?

I suppose it depends if wine or kde/gnome vista desktop themes allow it.

Download Messenger onto your mobile for free. Learn more.