Re: spring packages

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 5:22 AM, Marco Amadori <marco.amadori@gmail.com> wrote:

> a minimal free set of spring packages is available in svn and in mentors.

I'm told my hardware is unlikely to be able to run spring (intel core
duo2 with intel GPU), so I won't be testing/uploading spring.

That said, I looked at your packaging and made a few minor changes.

Questions/comments:

An ITP for the kernelpanic mod is probably a good idea.

Shouldn't AI_DATADIR be set to /usr/share/spring, or is that stuff
per-architecture?

Need watch files (and or get-orig-source targets) for springlobby & kernelpanic.

Why the mods/maps split for kernelpanic?

Why do you override possible-gpl-code-linked-with-openssl?

Why is ttf-freefont in the build-deps?

The hardcoding done by upstream that is evident in this patch is kinda worrying:

springlobby/debian/patches/01_add_more_libunitsync_search_paths.patch

I'd suggest talking to the debian-l10n-english folks to improve the
package descriptions:

http://wiki.debian.org/PackagesDescriptionsReview
http://wiki.debian.org/I18n/SmithReviewProject

There are a number of lintian complaints:

P: spring source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary
installer/nsis_plugins/inetc.dll
P: spring source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary
installer/nsis_plugins/FindProcDLL.dll
P: spring source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary installer/7za.exe
P: spring source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary installer/dos2unix.exe
I: spring: arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share 3884kB 20%
I: spring: possible-documentation-but-no-doc-base-registration
X: spring: shlib-calls-exit usr/lib/spring/libspringserver.so
X: spring: shlib-calls-exit usr/lib/spring/libunitsync.so
X: spring: spelling-error-in-binary ./usr/games/spring avaiable available

Some things need to be sent upstream if they haven't already been:

spring/debian/patches/*
spring/debian/manpages/*
springlobby/debian/patches/*
springlobby/debian/manpages/*

The automated patch to /usr/share/applications/spring.desktop

Ask them to use pango or quesoglc for font rendering since they select
the appropriate set of fonts based on the string being rendered
instead of relying on one specific font that may not have all the
glyphs for the string. This is good for enabling i18n.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise