Re: RFS for gmameui (front-end for the arcade games emulator MAME)

I've uploaded a -2 revision of the packaging at http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/contrib/g/gmameui
The dsc can be grabbed at:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/contrib/g/gmameui/gmameui_0.2.10-2.dsc

It now installs a compliant .desktop file, the debian/copyright file is compliant with latest revision, and the few remaining 80+ character lines have been split. It's mostly to keep track with the Ubuntu Karmic package changes.

I'd appreciate if it could get reviewed and, if ok, sponsored into Debian unstable.

Non-DD but MOTU could also give a second review/advocate vote on REVU - http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/p/gmameui - so it can enter Karmic repositories.

I'll be AFK for two weeks.

Loïc

Below is the original RFS:
The newest upstream tarball for GMAMEUI, a Gnome front-end for MAME, has remplaced code with problematic licenses, and I'd like to request a sponsor to get it in Debian, and plan to maintain it within the team. It's a contrib package since MAME is in non-free (it can be used without MAME to audit roms, but that's probably not the main purpose). Free (as in beer) roms for testing can be found at http://mamedev.org/roms/ (and some game companies sites too).

I'm not sure if I should also send a RFS to debian-mentors (the ITP was send to debian-devel and got some feedback already), since I'm not sure how it'd work for maintaining it in DGT if the sponsor isn't.

I planned to maintain the package in git on Alioth, and it worked for 0.2.8 and 0.2.8, but failed when importing 0.2.10. After many days of unsuccessful troubleshooting, and a thread in the mailing list, I thought it would probably be better to go the mentors.debian.net route for the moment.

Here's some more information on the package:

* Package name    : gmameui
  Version         : 0.2.10-1
  Upstream Author : Andrew Burton <adb@iinet.net.au>
* URL             : http://gmameui.sourceforge.net/
* License         : GPL-3+
  Section         : contrib/games

It builds these binary packages:
gmameui    - front-end for the arcade games emulator MAME