Re: crystalspace

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 00:40:09 +0200, Gonéri Le Bouder <goneri@rulezlan.org>
wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Góneri and Games Team,

http://externos.grupoikusnet.com/deb/crystalspace/pool/main/c/crystalspace/.
> Today the Debian package don't have real active maintain and I wonder
> if
> you are interested to help us in the Debian Games Team ?

Sorry for my delay, Im on little holydays... Thank you for your offer, is
for me very important. I package crystalspace and celstart for my friends
and co-workers at https://www.launchpad.net/~angel-abad/+archive/ppa (and
exported to
http://externos.grupoikusnet.com/deb/crystalspace/pool/main/c/crystalspace/),
some of these co-workers are crystalspace commiters too.

Id like a lot package crystalspace and celstart for debian, im official
debian maintainer
(http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=angel%40grupoikusnet.com&comaint=yes),
but as you can see, im so newbie, but think my package skills are good. But
crystalspace are huge pacakge, and if I package cs and cel I well need your
help for some issues as different architectures and other issues, can you
help me with this?

The packages you see are for ubuntu, but now I have prepared one package
for debian unstable, can I upload to pkg-games git? I have a question with
this, my packages are totally new, I no reuse nothing code from old
crystalspace package. What do you think if I create a new git repo, such
libcrystalspace? Then I upload my new package to this repo, the games team
review it, and if it is good, we can overwrite the older crystalspace
repo...

The package I have prepared is very basic at this moment (no python, no
java, no perl), but it works correctly, and later I will adjust the pacakge
for python, etc... And later I will make the celstart pacakge.

I have a question about the package names. My source generates six binary
packages:
 - crystalspace
 - crystalspace-data
 - crystalspace-doc
 - libcrystalspace
 - libcrystalspace-dev
 - libcrystalspace-dbg

Do you think this are good names? Or it should be like crystalspace-1.2,
libcrystalspace-1.2... I think, the first option is the best, what do you
think?

I already subscribe to debian games mailing list, I have read games team
wiki pages, and I request join to group in Alioth.

Sorry for my English, Im learning hardy :-D

Best Regards!