Re: DebConf9 - Debian Gamest Team BoF minutes

2009/8/4 Barry deFreese <bdefreese@verizon.net>
Gonéri Le Bouder wrote:
2009/8/4 Jon Dowland <jon+debian-devel-games@alcopop.org <mailto:jon%2Bdebian-devel-games@alcopop.org>>

   On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 12:52:46AM +0200, Gonéri Le Bouder wrote:
   > To identify the package that need to be RFA, I suggest everybody
   to put his
   > name on the front of the game he really cares (not like the
   Uploaders
   > fields).
   >
   >  http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Draft/GameList

   Please note that I am unable to do this for the packages I care
   about (deutex,
   prboom, chocolate-doom, game-data-packager, games-thumbnails,
   freedoom,
   I've probably forgot some) right now as I am having trouble
   accessing the wiki
   (not getting reset password mails)

According to the list on the wiki, this the current list of games we'll drop. If you disagree, please react :).

3dchess
amphetamine
attal
burgerspace
conquest
cookietool
corewars
donkey-bolonkey
droidbattles
etw
fenix-plugins
gmult
gnome-chess
gnurobbo
grande
koules
mancala
mathwar
mines.app
nettoe
openyahtzee
pente
shisen.app
stepbill.app
xbattle
xboing
xdigger
xgalaga
xoids
xtux

Cheers,

    Gonéri Le Bouder
Are we talking about removals or orphans?  I'm still of the opinion that if it's a game and we are the "Games Team" we should take care of them (or RM: them).
We have 3 options:
RM: we don't give a chance to react to potential maintainers
O: we don't want to give more job the QA Team
RFA: this can take years for some of our games :D

During the meeting, we decide to take this option:
1) RFA: the game we don't want anymore, but keep them in the team
2) Wait for 2 or 3 months
3) O: orphan
I don't think this is very different of what you suggest, it's just we give the time to people to join just if they want.

But my opinion seems to be worthless. :)
Tsss...  :D

Cheers,

     Gonéri Le Bouder