Re: Ubuntu Gaming Team

	Hi!

 Keeping Philip in cc as I'm not sure wether he's subscribed, hope you
don't mind. :)

 First, thanks to Philip for the suggestions and good idea. I'll comment
on persia's thoughts:

* Emmet Hikory <emmet.hikory@gmail.com> [2009-05-01 08:41:46 CEST]:
> a) Setting pkg-games-devel@l.a.d.o as the contact for the team
>
>     This would send any launchpad mail generated for the team (from bug
> subscriptions, PPA updates, etc.) to the mailing list, rather than team
> members.

 I really would also like to have it a seperate list so that people can
actively decide wether they want to receive those notifications
additionally or not. As you know I track the ubuntu bugs for wesnoth
pretty well (hopefully) and have subscribed to launchpad - but it would
be helpful for the bigger picture to have it in a specific list. One can
always copy the mail over to th pkg-games-devel@l.a.d.o if they believe
that it affects Debian directly. More often it is, but still, keeping it
seperate makes sense and feels less pushing.

 This would be the only thing that I guess Alain's response might be
rooted in, I'm not sure what else could have stirred Alain up;
especially for the pkg-games team, not sure how much interaction he had
in our team. :)

> b) Setting the team as a bug contact for all the packages maintained by
> the team.
>
>     This would generate bugmail for any bugs reported against Ubuntu,
> and provide a bug report summary (3) for review by any team members
> looking for Ubuntu bugs.  If done without (a) above, such bugmail would
> be sent to each team member individually, rather than to a list.

 The summary overview would be the thing I use, so even if we want (and
I guess we do want) the sepearte list this fits my personal workflow
very much better. ... if only "bts cache" would exist for launchpad, or
is there something like that? That would definitely rock.

 Overall statement: Given that the ubuntu people joined the debian games
team to only have the need for sync requests instead of carrying ubuntu
patches in the packages it should be in ours (Debian's) interest to get
notifications from there to improve the package for our combined user
base - after all for only synced packages it's rather uncommon to have
ubuntu-specific bugs.

 So long, and thanks. :)
Rhonda