[Fwd: Re: Lost Labyrinth]

And even more info from Richard on elice.
--- Begin Message ---
On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 07:16:33AM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Richard, is it ok if I make this mail public (by sending it to the
> debian-devel-games and fedora-games mailinglists) ?

Yes, that is fine.

> I think I could use some more input on howto best handle this, and that
> input is imho best gathered by having a (semi) public discussion about
> this.
>
> One further first question comes to mind, do you expect elice to be
> finished as lostlaby compiler once, or do you expect that you need to
> make a new adjusted elice for each lostlaby release?

I expect that elice will have to be updated for at least the next
few releases. In fact we already had to add a library function
for version 2.9.2. I think that the need to extend elice will
come less often as it becomes more complete, but it is hard to
make predictions with so little data.

Sometimes there will be a choice: make an improvement to Lost
Labyrinth in a way that requires an update to elice, or stick
with the features elice supports and make the same improvement
in a less ideal way? I would like to make the first choice
whenever possible, because I don't want elice to limit what
Markus can do. But I think it would be technically possible to
stay within elice's limits in most cases.

Since I have little reason to extend elice except to support
Lost Labyrinth, elice might not "become more complete" on its own :)

--
Richard Braakman

We can achieve more by promoting generosity, awareness, and freedom
than we can by vainly kicking at a buttless foe. -- VHEMT

--- End Message ---