Re: [Question for the whole list, please read] Vegastrike 0.5.0 Packages Ready

On Wednesday 14 May 2008 3:00:57 pm Vincent Fourmond wrote:
>   Moreover, I really think we should split the *binary* vegastrike-data
> into vegastrike-data and vegastrike-music, and this for two reasons:
>
>   * first, this would allow people that don't listen to music (like me)
> not to install a good 100MB for nothing
>   * second, and most important, that would get rid of the
> vegastrike-music source package from the archive (and therefore save a
> couple of 100MB). I'm not sure a Replace: is enough.
>
>   Well, here is my proposition:
>
>   * you split vegastrike-data into data+music
>   * you tighten up dependencies for data, as newer vegastrike is not
> compatible with older vegastrike-data.

Well, I went ahead and tested this. It indeed works without the music
directory. I'll go ahead and make the split. Also, I'll have the vegastrike
source package create 'vegastrike' and 'vegastrike-bin'. I think 'bin' would
better hint at what's inside the 'vegastrike-bin' package.

>   Then, if within 10 days no one has objected to me uploading such a big
> source package (450MB, which would result in a net increase in the
> archive of 200MB times two), I'll do it.

Andres