Re: Vegastrike 0.5.0 Packages Ready

  Hello,

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 9:32 AM, Miriam Ruiz <little.miry@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/5/12 Andres Mejia <mcitadel@gmail.com>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Has it been decided what to do with games with huge data packages? Currently,
>> the orig tarball for vegastrike-data is 485.6MB, and the deb is 486.5MB.
>> There won't be a new vegastrike-music package since upstream bundled it with
>> their data this time.

  It still makes a good 260MB (times 2) increase (currently
vegastrike-data is 160MB and vegastrike-music 60MB)... My memories
from the previous thread indicates that this is still way too big...

  I will have a look at the packages tonight.

> I understand then that then vegastrike-music package disappears? Has
> anything being done to take care about making a soft upgrade from
> people who had older versions of the game installed? (like using
> conflicts)

  Just for information, the game works perfectly fine with old data
(that is the current state in the archive, with a 0.5 SVN pre-release
and old 0.4.3 data). I chose this way so vegastrike could be fixed (it
had way too many RC bugs) while not having to deal with this problem
of package size. So there won't be problems on this side.

  Cheers

      Vincent