lists.freedesktop.org's mailman chokes on diacritics (was: Re: Common mailing list for cross-distro game development)

2008/11/25 Miriam Ruiz <miriam@debian.org>:
> We've finally set up a mailing list [2] in the freedesktop mailing
> lists. Would you, and Gentoo, be interested in joining the project?

> [1] http://games.gentoo.org/

Just a warning, it seem that the mailman setup on
lists.freedesktop.org chokes on diacritics.
So don't use special characters in the name.

I tried to input my name with diacritics and I got this nice message:

==============================
Bug in Mailman version 2.1.9

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of
traceback and other system information has been explicitly inhibited,
but the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs.

As a test sting you can use my name "Eddy Petrișor" (that charaters
you might not see correctly is "s comma", unicode point 0x021A) and
there are several such other characters -- see
http://wiki.debian.org/L10N/Romanian/CommaTransition for details about
comma characters)

--
Regards,