Re: packaging sfxr

Miriam Ruiz wrote:
2008/11/13 Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com>:
Hi,

When I noticed the talk about sfxr here on the list I immediately hot off my
ass and started packaging it for Fedora.

So here are some things for anyone doing a Debian package:
1) upstream has made a new tarbal (a zip actually) which now includes
license
  info
2) there is a bug which can cause quite a large delay between clicking a
button
  and hearing the sound, the Fedora package (see below) has a patch for
this/
3) I've created a .desktop file and an icon for it, again see package
4) The Fedora package also includes a patch to add a window icon

The Fedora package is here:
http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/sfxr-1.0-1.fc10.src.rpm

Debian's here:
http://www.miriamruiz.es/debian/sfxr/

Thanks, I'll check yours to see if I can improve mine :)

I've been discussing my improvements with upstream and as upstream only does windows, I've prepared a new release for upstream, note this currently is a proposed new release, but I expect upstream to pick it up:
http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/sfxr-sdl-1.1.tar.gz

Quoting from the ChangeLog:

sfxr-sdl-1.1
* Various small improvements and 1 bugfix by Hans de Goede
  <hdegoede@redhat.com>:
 * Fix a small bug in the audio setup which could cause a quite noticable
   delay between pressing a button and hearing the sound
 * Add an icon and a .desktop file (applications menu entry)
 * Add a make install target, note:  hardcoded to /usr but it does understand
   the DESTDIR make parameter

Regards,

Hans