Re: experimental games-thumbnails package: please test

2008/11/12 Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org>:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 7:18 AM, Jon Dowland
> <jon+debian-devel-games@alcopop.org> wrote:
>
>> I've uploaded a new games-thumbnails to experimental just now (will take
>> a while to appear of course).
>
> I note that screenshots.debian.net is now up and recieving screenshots
> (at 800x600). What that means for games-thumbnails and goplay is yet
> to be determined, but I think Baby suggested goplay be adopted to
> dynamically download screenshots from there.

That was initially my idea, but it doesn't seem predictable, according
to the current thread in d-devel, that I will be able to get a
screenshot of a proper size. I'd probably have to go either for
110x80, which is too small, or for 800x600 and resize it after
downloading, which I don't think makes sense. In any case the
screenshots page will be a good source for thumbnails, I guess. We
might consider making thumbnails available online ourselves in any
case, but that's for the future.

Greetings,
Miry