Re: Rv: What license for our packaging?

* Miriam Ruiz <little_miry@yahoo.es> [2008-08-24 14:52:43 CEST]:
> > De: Eddy Petrișor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com>
> > Asunto: What license for our packaging?
> > Para: "Debian Games Team" <pkg-games-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
> > Fecha: sábado, 23 agosto, 2008 10:40
> > Hello,
> >
> > So, as a team policy, I would like to propose we settle on
> > a license that we use for packaging, by
> > default[1] for all our packages.

 If that approach is chosen, it should be one that can be relicensed at
any time...

> > I propose that, from now on, we use the BSD license for our
> > packaging[2].

 ... which the BSD license allowes. Personally I also went the path of
putting things under the same license as upstream stuff is, for
easiness.

> > [0] I 'borrowed' MadCoder's refresh-patches
> > mechanism from the tokyocabinet package (seen it in
> > MadCoder's packaging with git presentation). I checked
> > the license terms/incompatibilities I saw
> > that packaging was BSD licensed (cool)

 This might be a good benefit for people working on different packages.
Not having to think about pulling package stuff from one package to
another.

 My thoughts,
Rhonda