Re: Policy 3.8.0 and README.source

  Hello,

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Gerfried Fuchs <rhonda@deb.at> wrote:
>  ... and that's why I am writing this mail. We propably want to define
> at least team internal some default snippets/text for that, depending on
> wether which patch tool our packages are using, and if a new upstream
> tarball needs special tweaking.

  My understanding, but I might have gotten this wrong, is that,
essentially, most of the job will be done in the various patching
systems (dpatch/quilt), and that most README.source would only need to
point to a README file present in the patching system. Work involved
for that is minimal, provided the patching systems write their
documentation once for all.

  Cheers,

      Vincent