Re: New openal-soft packages in mentors.d.n

* Reinhard Tartler (siretart@tauware.de) [080608 21:51]:
> Executive summary: the new package is basically an soname bump, all
> reverse depends need to be rebuilt. This has been tested, only one
> package is problematic: boson. We expect that this issue can be handled
> befor the lenny release.

Can we do it with an compatible package for the transition? (Which
means: have both versions available for some time in testing and
unstable, and transition the packages step by step)

> I know that currently 2 transitions are ongoing: ffmpeg and
> poppler. openal should not interfere, but I wanted to get the green
> light before starting a third one.

There are two more running: c-ares and xulrunner. 4 transitions are
about the maximum we can concurrently handle.

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/