Re: New openal-soft packages in mentors.d.n

Andres Mejia <mcitadel@gmail.com> writes:

> I've reuploaded the openal-soft packages and am looking for a sponsor. It adds
> a debug package. Also, this package is meant to go directly to sid now.
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/o/openal-soft/openal-soft_1.3.253-1.dsc

What is the status about openal? I think if we want to have that one in
lenny, we should upload it RIGHT NOW to unstable, so that package
maintainers do have a chance to adapt their packages. From the archives,
I've seen that you have done quite extensive research about the breakage
it will cause, but I think this is more than managable.

As for the package, I noticed that my name is in Uploaders:
Field. Please talk to the people before you put their name in their,
because that effectively makes them co-maintainers and in some sort
responsible for the package.

I'm currently strongly considering to upload the package to ubuntu
intrepid right now, since we have just started a new release
cycle. However, think we should do that in debian as well.

Please note that I don't see myself in a position to fix all breakages
this will cause. I know that this action will annoy package maintainers
using openal. Sill, I think doing that right now would be better for
lenny.

Does anyone of the games team object here? If you care, please do have a
look at the source package. On the first look, it looks rather okay. It
is managed in git with quilt, but without history. Also, I'm not
familiar with pristine-tar, so I cannot comment if it matches the debian
games team policy of managing packages in git.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4