Need to reach a decision on how to handle the git repository

Hi all,

We can not be endlessly discussing this. We can do 3 things:
1) Store only the debian/ directory in git, using quilt as patching
system the same way we use SNV
2) Store the whole source there, using pristine-tar, and use git at
its full power
3) Allow both layouts depending on the package

Pros an Cons:
If we use git in the same way as SVN, it would be easier for
everybody, and the entry barrier to working in the packages stored
there would be lower. A lower entry barrier has always been one of the
goals of the Games Team. The downside is that we won't really be able
to use the features that are supposed to make git so special and
useful.
If the use git storing the whole source, with separate branches,
pristine-tar and so on, we will be able to get the most of the git
advanced features, but can stop some of the team members from working
on those packages, thus we will lose part of the scale economy that
makes a Team most useful. Having a common set of tools for all the
packages has always been a goal too.

I want to get a final decision about that before the end of next week.
could that be?

Greetings,
Miry