Re: Replace OpenAL with OpenAL Soft

Alright.

I have two packages, one for OpenAL Soft and the other for the openal package
found in the archives ready for upload to experimental. I need a sponsor.

The first one is openal-si.
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/o/openal-si/openal-si_0.0.8-8~experimental0.dsc

This is the same package as openal, the OpenAL Sample Implementation (SI)
library. However, the library name is now "openalsi" instead of "openal".
This means that maintainers of reverse dependencies to openal will need to
change some things in order to get their package built using the openal-si
packages. Mainly, they'll need to use "-lopenalsi" as their linker flag
and "-I/usr/include/openalsi" as their include directory. If they were
relying on openal-config or openal.pc during build, they've been renamed to
openalsi-config and openalsi.pc. This package is meant for those that
need/want to stay with the old version of openal.

The next one (and preferred one) is open-soft.
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/o/openal-soft/openal-soft_1.3.253-1~experimental0.dsc

This is the OpenAL Soft library package. This package should be the
replacement for the current openal packages. Building and running
applications shouldn't require any changes. I've tested four packages so far
(ogreal, warsow, glest, and supertuxkart) and I haven't had any problems
building or running applications with the openal-soft packages.

Andres