Re: Newer vegastrike : can we package that big ?

So, the new data will be in main? What is the build process for the
data package? Does it need any transformation at build time - some
sort of compilation or modification?

If it is in main and doesn't need any transformation at build time
other than packing into a zip file or something, then I think it is
time to talk to the ftpmasters about having "sourceless" debs in the
archive so we don't duplicate the same data twice.

I think the ftpmasters need to be involved in this discussion in any case.

Another alternative would be to get upstream to separate the data into
multiple parts, package the most important part in Debian and leave
the rest on upstreams website and add a downloader package in contrib
for the rest.

A final remark; having a free software game of this size is awesome, I
wish I had the bandwidth to try it!

--
bye,
pabs