Re: Some of your Debian packages might need attention

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>  >  Anyone working on chromium/chromium-data ?
>
>  I've adopted them upstream and have fixed the bugs in Debian/Ubuntu
>  and upstream trackers where possible. Brian Redfern is working on new
>  sounds, he made a bunch of them but there were a few glitches, I'll
>  ask him about his progress. For the TexFont non-freeness, we should
>  contact the X Strike Force to see if they know how to contact Mark. If
>  anyone wants to take that on, that would be fine. The alternatives are
>  to use plib (which seems to miss some needed functionality), or to
>  write a libtxf or to move to another font system like ttf/fontconfig.

Update: Asked #xorg-devel and was told that Mark J. Kilgard is very
annoyed at Debian and now refuses to talk to Debian people. As a
result I don't think it is a good idea to contact him about this
issue. His comments can be found here:

http://bugs.debian.org/131997

We need to get chromium working with plib and if that doesn't work
then we have to write a libtxf or switch to TTF fonts.

Volunteers welcome!

--
bye,
pabs