Re: RFC: silvertree - Worth including?

  Hello Barry !

Barry deFreese wrote:
> I've finally gotten a working package for silvertree that I have
> uploaded to mentors:
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/silvertree/silvertree_0.2.1+svn652-1.dsc
>

> I'd appreciate it if anyone could play with it and see if you think it
> is worth including in Debian?  There is an RFP out there for it.

  I think it would be worth including. Last time I had a look, I wanted
to try it, but I never had the courage to compile/install.

> Seems to work OK, though some of the screens are oversized for me and it
> runs dog slow. Of course that's on a laptop with Intel graphics card so...

  Some snippets from the cowbuilder log:

checking for mpg123_init in -lmpg123... no
configure: WARNING: **** mpg123 not found !
checking for alcGetIntegerv in -lopenal... no
configure: WARNING: **** OpenAL not found !
checking for boostlib >= 1.20.0... yes
[...]
configure: WARNING: **** Audio libraries not found - no sound.
configure: creating ./config.status

  It seems you've forgotten build-deps.

  Moreover,

dh_install -a --list-missing

lists *many* files installed to debian/tmp but not part of any package.

  Apart from that, it seems to work reasonably fine. Could you check out
these problems, please ?

  Cheers,

	Vincent

--