Re: RFC: adanaxis 1.2.4.dfsg.1-1 (FTBFS with gcc-4.3)

Cyril Brulebois wrote:
Hi,

posting this as RFC instead of RFS since I'd like to hear from Barry
and Alexander before requesting an upload. Since I only fixed the
FTBFS, I've let the responsibility of the upload to Barry, which did
all the work, and is even in touch with upstream (according to
#463674).

Current changelog entry:
,----
| adanaxisgpl (1.2.4.dfsg.1-1) unstable; urgency=low
|
|   [ Barry deFreese ]
|   * Add depends on adanxisgpl-data (Closes: #463389).
|   * New upstream release.
|   * Escape -- options in manpage.
|   * Fix VCS tag for svn. (Closes: #463921).
|   * Add quilt patch system.
|   * Try ~/.adanaxis or /tmp as cache directory. Add patch:
|      + 10_try_more_cache_paths.diff
|
|   [ Alexander Schmehl ]
|   * Readd data-adanaxis/About_Adanaxis.doc as "source" of the shipped pdf
|     documentation.
|
|   [ Cyril Brulebois ]
|   * Fix FTBFS with gcc-4.3 (Closes: #463741). Add patch:
|      + 20_fix_FTBFS_with_gcc-4.3.diff
|
|  -- Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net>  Thu, 28 Feb 2008 22:28:57 +0100
`----

Any reason why it shouldn't get uploaded? Note that I didn't check the
cache handling in /tmp, but that's potentially a security issue (think
of symlink attacks).

A last rebuild is running, I'll post eventual followups in this thread
(probably some lintian fixes, if there are some new ones since the
package was last touched).

Cheers,

I'm certainly fine with an upload. The only reason I haven't worked on it myself is that he has put a new release up that puts the doc "source" back in and supposedly fixes the gcc-4.3 issues. I asked him to see if he could make it fail more gracefully for users with <= 16bpp set.

In other words, go for it, we're a team ;-)

Thanks,

Barry deFreese