Re: watch files (was: Proposed MBF: Debian upstream version higher than watch file-reported upstream version [atomo64@gmail.com])

Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> While looking through our watchfiles, I found some other remarks:
<...>
> testing chromium-data
> Processing watchfile line for package chromium-data...
> Newest version on remote site is 0.9.12, local version is 0.9.12+dfsg.1
> chromium-data: remote site does not even have current version
>
> Same for chromium-data (+dfsg.1 should be mangeled).

Fixed.  Now up-to-date.

> Processing watchfile line for package lordsawar...
> Newest version on remote site is 0.0.9, local version is 0.0.8
> lordsawar: Newer version (0.0.9) available on remote site:
>   http://www.lordsawar.com/lordsawar-0.0.9.tar.gz
>   (local version is 0.0.8)
>
> Don't know how to fix that one;  IIRC 0.0.9 is only a development
> version; is there a way to tell uscan to ignore that one?

    If upstream has an even release, odd development model, one might
use a construction like [02468] in the match rule.

> Processing watchfile line for package nikwi...
> Newest version on remote site is src, local version is 0.0.20060823
> nikwi: Newer version (src) available on remote site:
>   http://www.slashstone.com/more/nikwi/nikwideluxe-src.tar.bz2
>   (local version is 0.0.20060823)
>
> Broken watch file.

nikwi doesn't seem to report a version in the tarfile from the
upstream location.  This package might be better served without unless
upstream can be convinced to change their release naming convention.

> trunk/renpy$ uscan --report-status
> uscan warning: In debian/watch,
>   no matching hrefs for watch line
>   http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/releases/ .*dl\/[\d\.]*\/renpy-([\d\.]*)-full.tar.bz2
>
> Broken watch file.

Updated SVN to point to the new upstream page.  New Upstream release:

$ uscan --report-status
Processing watchfile line for package renpy...
Newest version on remote site is 6.6.0, local version is 6.3.1.ds1
renpy: Newer version (6.6.0) available on remote site:
  http://www.renpy.org/dl/6.6.0/renpy-6.6.0-full.tar.bz2
  (local version is 6.3.1.ds1)

Would also benefit from dversionmangle, but that's not working for me
right now :(

--
Emmet HIKORY