Re: Let's use ViewVC instead of WebSVN web frontend for Subversion

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 10:29:23AM +0100, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> 2007/12/13, Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net>:
> > Is this just a personal taste or is WebSVN indeed unusable?
> >
> > I suggest to use ViewVC as default viewer. Comments?
>
> ViewSVN seems easier, definitely. Would it make sense to ask for
> multiple URL support, comma-separated, in that field?

I think it is not required to provide multiple browsers, a good one
is maybe sufficient. This remembers me that it was already asked whether
Vcs-Browser should point to debian/ or the upstream source. IIRC this
was never answered. A comma separated value would allow us to link to
both so it would be indeed a good idea to have such support.

> I don't know how to use WebSVN either.

Good to know.

I opened today a request to install ViewVC on Alioth
which was closed (as it was already installed) after adding URLs
for it on svn.debian.org as well.

Jens