Re: RFS: warsow (updated packages)

The first thing I notice is a fair number of build warnings along the
lines of

	game/q_math.c:910: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘Matrix_Copy’
	from incompatible pointer type

That example was because the prototype specifies a const argument and is
passed a non-const argument. (argh, I've managed to avoid looking at C++
for so long!) so I suppose these are pretty benign. They could be fixed
with a cast in the caller I think. Would upstream accept a patch to that
effect? (this would just be nice, I wouldn't think this was a reason to
delay the package)

(incidentally I've been wondering if there is any useful code for matrix
math floating around for another project of mine, so I'll keep this in
mind :))

On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 11:03:07AM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs
wrote:
>  I wondered about the need for repacking the source.  I've
>  read README.Debian and to be honest, given that the
>  package doesn't move to main due to removing the things I
>  don't see the real benefit of doing a dfsg version of the
>  source package.

I can't find README.Debian in the source package, nor the generated
binary package. Am I doing something stupid?

>  Besides, I rather disagree with removing config.guess and
>  config.sub from the source just because lintian
>  complaints about its outdatedness.  That's pretty bad
>  style, IMHO.

I like to handle this with a Build-Dependency on
autotools-dev and ln/rm calls in the right places to symlink
that package's versions of those two files. What do you
think of that approach?

--
Jon Dowland