Re: RFS: steam-powered

"Michael Gilbert" <michael.s.gilbert@gmail.com> writes:

> > The users *are* free to choose the software that's out there. The
> > Debian project is also free to refuse to choose what software it
> > distributes.
>
> the key word is "distribution."  the question is whether the part of
> the software to be added to the archive is distributable.  for
> steam-powered, all of the software in the package is fully GPL'd, and
> thus freely redistributable under the terms of the GPL.

I don't think that was in question. This sub-thread is discussing
whether we *want* software in Debian whose only purpose is to sell
non-free software.

Software must be DFSG-free to be in Debian. Not all DFSG-free software
must be distributed by Debian.

--
 \         "Truth would quickly cease to become stranger than fiction, |
  `\                  once we got as used to it."  -- Henry L. Mencken |