Forking hex-a-hop?

Hi,

I'm seriously thinking that it might make sense to fork hex-a-hop, as upstream doesn't seem to be very resposive lately, he doesn't seem to be very willing to release new versions, and there's a lot of changes we have done to the code.

That would allow us  to clean the code a bit, remove the DOS endings, move all the code to the .cpp files  and remove it from the .h headers and so on. And also we would be able to provide a proper tarball to other distros that might want to include the game.

What  do you think? My opinion is that the game is becoming increasingly unmanageable by handling it just with patches, but I'd like to know Jens' opinion about that. We might just handle the whole code in our svn server, it's not that big anyway, and release our own original tarball.

Greetings,
Miry