Re: copyright files and GPL links

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 07:00:54PM +0300, Linas Žvirblis wrote:
> But you are contradicting yourself.

 Am not ...

> "We do have to list only that one choice" and "we are actively taking
> away that choice from our users".

 If we tell them that we licence it v3 through pointing them to the v3
text only, yes.

> By pointing to to v3 only, we are relicensing the work, and by pointing
> to v2 only we are not providing full information.

 That's not true.  a.) there is no v3 text (yet), and b.) would you
feel the need to update the file every time a new version is released by
the FSF?  The "or later" part is there especially for that situation,
that you don't _need_ to ship all later versions of the license.

 So long,
Rhonda