Re: MergeOnUpstream and team policy

My biggest objection to using MergeOnUpstream is as soon as
you modify an upstream file, you have to have the whole file
in the pkg-games SVN, even if you only modified a bit. This
file-level granularity seems nasty to me. However:

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 02:54:37PM +0200, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> Right now, I remind all of you, we're using quilt as a
> reference patch manager (optionally dpatch, if it's too
> important), and keeping all of our changes inside the
> debian/ directory ( see
> http://wiki.debian.org/Games/ToolsDiscuss).

I didn't realise at the time when we were discussing patch
management that we were saying always use it: I assumed when
answering the questions it was a "if you use patch
management, which one?" style question. None of the doom
packages are using patch management yet simply because I
didn't realise we'd agreed to that :)

I don't have a problem moving to that however.

That would mean that no files outside of ./debian would be
touched and therefore in pkg-games SVN, and ./debian would
be entirely in pkg-games SVN and not in upstream, so my
concerns about the file-level granularity no longer apply.

I have to now make the following changes
	move prboom changes into quilt patches
	move freedoom changes into quilt patches
	move chocolate-doom to mergeOnUpstream
	move bsp to mergeOnUpstream

doom-package, being a debian-native package, I think belongs
in pkg-games SVN in it's entirety, unless anyone objects
strongly.

--
Jon Dowland