Re: ITS: vegastrike, vegastrike-data and vegastrike-music (updated packages)

-=| Gerfried Fuchs, 18.07.2007 12:36 |=-
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 12:08:20PM -0400, Andres Mejia wrote:
>> I'll fix the tar in tar solution. The problem will be with
>> vegastrike-data. I'm trying to get rid of all the warnings and one
>> error. Fixing the warnings consist of uploading a new orig tarball.
>
>  You should never ever change the upstream tarball except in cases where
> you want to remove non-DFSG stuff from it to make the package be allowed
> into main.  I don't of any other reason to change the upstream tarball.
> If you do, please elaborate.

Just for completeness: I repackage firebird2.0 because upstream includes
a complete copy of libicu in the tarball. Removing this drops the source
package size from 16 to 6.6MB (actually, upstream distributes tar.bz2
which is 12MB). I guess this falls under the "significant space savings"
hypothesis in DevRef §6.7.8.2