Re: Packages of FreeCol

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, [iso-8859-1] Jordà Polo wrote:

I don't know much about the status of Java in Debian, but apparently,
we'll have to wait a little more to package a truly free version of this
game. I tried to compile it with gcj+classpath, and it looks like it
depends on Java 1.5 features that aren't available in Debian's current
classpath. Besides, FreeCol relies heavily on swing/awt, which are poorly
supported by free implementations of Java.

But, as I have already said, I don't know that much about Java, so more
comments would be appreciated.

What about targeting at contrib and use sun-java if the free
implementations would fail?  (Just a wild assumption that this
would solve the compile problems - nothing tested).

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de