Re: new package doom-package (vs. makenonfree package project)

I'm working on rewriting mknonfreepkg from Python to Perl. Perl is IMO
more
suitable for such script with lot of shell calls, file parsing and regex.

I see mknonfreepkg as a back-end.

In the example I try to explain what i want it to do:
apt-get install mknonfreepkg-pkg-warsow-data
# this install warsow-data debian files in
/usr/share/mknonfreepkg/warsow-data
mknonfreepkg create warsow-data
# this launch mknonfreepkg.
## It reads a mirror list in /usr/share/mknonfreepkg/warsow-data/mirro.lst
## It downloads required files
## It launchs /usr/share/mknonfreepkg/warsow-data/Makefile in a temporary
direcyory
## It creates the .deb
## clean up

So "one day"[1] make-wad-package could create a fake debian structure
for a given wad and then calls mknonfreepkg.

I wish to see something like module-assistant for mknonfreepkg to get a
more interactive interface.

Regards,

       Gonéri

[1]: When i'll have enough time to finish this, provable after Etch
freeze.