Re: Proposal for the tools policy

I demand that Stefan Potyra may or may not have written...

> Am Friday 22 September 2006 18:10 schrieb Darren Salt:
>> I demand that Stefan Potyra may or may not have written...
>>> It's not that easy if you fiddle with upstream's clean rule.
>> That sounds like unpatch first, clean afterwards to me.

> Then you'll end up with the unpatched clean rule, which is just the thing
> you tried to modify/fix.

... which is exactly why wherever I've used dpatch, cleaning is done first.

>>> Shouldn't this be true for svn checkouts as well?
>> If that's the case for upstream, I'd call it broken - generated files
>> shouldn't normally be in the source repository.

> I was referring to svn checkouts from the debian games svn to build a
> package from, not to svn checkouts to get upstream's sources.

If svn stores the modification times in the repository on commit and restores
on checkout or update, then I don't see a problem with that - but I do see a
problem with reversion of local changes, which would be solvable by
updating/reverting in modification time order.

|   Say NO to UK ID cards. http://www.no2id.net/

Statistics are used as a drunk uses lamp posts - support, not illumination.