Proposal for the tools policy

Hi,

According to the oppinions written in
http://wiki.debian.org/Games/ToolsDiscuss , and as I want to reach a consensus
as soon as possible, I want to make the following proposal for the packages
handled by the Games Team:

1) Use Debhelper, avoid CDBS.
  Explanation: Every maintainer knows how to use DebHelper, as it is the
    current de facto standard in Debian. CDBS and other packaging systems,
    including packaging from scratch, make a difficult entry barrier for
    new people in the group and for sponsors.

2) Use a patching system, preferably quilt but dpatch is also acceptable.
  Explanation: If we don't modify the sources directly, we don't have to store
    all of them in the versioning system. Having individual patches for
    individual changes makes everything more clear. Using a patching system
    instead of relaying in SVN logs makes the package analysis independent of
    SVN. We won't make usage of the diff.gz files to store the changes to
    the programs.

3) Every modification to the orig file should be contained in the debian/
directory.
  Explanation: If we keep the changes confined to that directory, we can
    guarantee that the original sources won't be touched directly, and
    everyone in the group can see at a glance which part belongs to Debian and
    which belongs to upstream.

4) Only the debian/ directory should be stored in the SVN system.
  Explanation: It makes it more clear to handle, download and work with.

5) Original tarballs should go to http://pkg-games.alioth.debian.org/tarballs/
  Explanation: It makes more sense having them stored in a directory than in
    SVN or a versioning system.

Any suggestion? What do you all think?

Greetings,
Miry