Re: [Utnubu-discuss] Utnubu automatic notifications by section/subsection

> I am part of the Debian Games Team and I was wondering if it would be
> possible to get automated notification when a game package is added to
> the Ubuntu repository or when one version of teh Ubuntu package
> superceeds the one of the game package in Debian.

Hi,

This kind of things is quite easy to do using MultiDistroTools[0] (it
would be great if I could find a co-developer for it too), especially if
you have a grep-dctrl expression which matches all your 'interesting'
packages.

If you provide me with one, I can add it to my daily run of
multidistrotools, so the data will show up on
http://tiber.tauware.de/~lucas/versions/

> In a more generic way the questions are:
> - can automated mails be generated (subscribtion needed) when ubuntu
>   packages superceede debian packages (or are there and not here)

Sending mail smells a bit like 20th century ;) What about an RSS feed ?
It would be quite easy to change multidistrotools so that it generates
one, and you feed reader would notify you when one of the package status
changes.

Also, I've recently filed a bug against DDPO, so the ubuntu version
number of the packages are displayed (bug #379063).

[0] http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MultiDistroTools