freedoom upstream update: deutex tree via SVN

Hi all,

Currently the freedoom source package is merely the IWAD
file as released by upstream. This, strictly speaking, is
really a "binary" rather than "source" representation.

It has been my intention for some time to tidy up the build
process we use upstream so that it might be possible to
adopt it as a more faithful source package base.

Two bits of news have made that a little bit closer to
happening:

a) the main program used to compose the IWAD (deutex) has
   been accepted into etch. We've also been re-writing some
   other bits of the build process to use tools that are
   available already in debian.

b) we (upstream) have moved the tree of source material into
   sf.net's subversion repository[1]. Unfortunately a
   checkout of trunk is rather huge (127MB right now) but
   we're slowly shrinking that by moving cruft out of trunk
   and into "attic".

   Once that is smaller we can provide source tarballs.

[1] https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/freedoom/trunk

--
Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/