Re: Naming the team: can't we be a bit less dull?

On 5/3/06, Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 18:21 +0300, Eddy Petrişor wrote:
> On 5/2/06, Gonéri Le Bouder <goneri@rulezlan.org> wrote:
> > > It must have been a mistake on my part. I wanted to put "Debian Games
> > > Team". All my packages (2 new today) are with that name. Do the people
> Looks good, but will we have to document this in the changelog?
>
> Probably it doesn't make that much sense.

How incredibly dull!  How is it that the fine folks who look after X
call themselves "The X Strike Force", yet this group, which is all about
having fun, can't come up with anything more interesting than "Debian
Games Team"?

Now, I'm no creative genius, so I'll just suggest one name, which is
likely a stinker for all I know, but the discussion has to start
somewhere.  Taking my cue from the strike force, there's no need to even
mention Debian.  That much is already specified by our website address
and by the email address.  How about:

The Games Garage

What about:

- "The (Debian) Fun Force" - just a pun on the X Strike Force
- "The Fun Schwartz"[1] - just a pun on the X Strike Force
- "The G Blowtorch"
- "The Joystick Team" (this may sound offensive to some)
- "Games Collective" [2]
- "The Tetrinits" - pun to the infamous game that causes Debian release delays

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_balls
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borg

EddyP