game-related magic data for file(1)

I noticed that there were some problems with the magic date
in the file program relating to doom WAD files[1]. Whilst
fixing that, I noticed that the game-related magic info in
the file package is rather sparse.

I was wondering if anyone in the games team was interested
in working on a more comprehensive set of magic rules that
we could then submit to upstream in one chunk (I expect that
would have a better chance of being included!)

I'll probably write further rules for matching doom demo
files and maybe some quake stuff.

Do any other popular games in debian have data files that
could be usefully identified?

[1] <http://bugs.debian.org/359301>

Yours,

--